Tuesday, January 10, 2012

17 Simple Things That Really Make Your Day





Someone telling me that they appreciate me or something I’ve done. Seriously, seems so small but causes such a warm feeling.

When you forget it’s Friday in the middle of your work day, then as you are about to leave you remember. It’s like a miniature brain orgasm.

Hearing a new song and knowing I’m gonna like it.

Sitting on the grass on a slightly windy, but aggressively sunny day, knowing that I have no obligations whatsoever for the entire day.

Waking up on a day where i don’t have to go anywhere, and finding out that its pouring rain.

If it’s not cloudy, then looking at the stars and feeling both infinitely small and and infinitely worthy.

Waking up in the morning and realizing that I still have more time to sleep and being able to go back to sleep.

Falling asleep to the sound of rain outside my window

Being in a situation where some psuedo-authority figure is yelling/mad at you. Then suddenly you realise as an adult you can just get up and leave with zero consequences.

Smiling at a girl and getting the smile returned.

Coming home from a long day and taking my pants off immediately.

When I was younger I use to love watching the rain drops race down the window. I still do, I guess.

Being at the grocery store and realising that I, as an adult, can buy nothing but ice cream for dinner and no-one can say shit about it.

Napping uninterrupted. Bonus if it’s dark and rainy outside.

The first twenty seconds of a bowl of Fruity Pebbles. I don’t care after that.

A good dog by my side.

I enjoy when someone says to me, “You look good today.” It really is the small things.

No comments:

Post a Comment